Friday, February 24, 2017

Billy Joel, Harry Potter, and Valentine’s Day

On February 10, Kenny and I had a really fun night out. We went to dinner at Willa Jean and then to the arena for a Billy Joel concert. It was such a fun show; Billy even interspersed New Orleans songs in between his hits. We had an amazing time!

IMG_4940

IMG_4941 IMG_4942IMG_4950 IMG_4953

IMG_4947

Two days later, on Sunday, February 12, something I have been patiently waiting for finally happened. It was earlier than I thought it would be, and I’m still not sure it was the right decision, but it’s done. Riley and I started reading the first Harry Potter book. And he is hooked. I LOVE it.

IMG_4963

Two more days later, we had a few surprises waiting for the boys at their breakfast table when they woke up on Valentine’s Day. They each got Valentine socks and candy. Rory chose to give his school friends a York (just like Riley did last year), while Riley chose to give Scooby Doo gummies. And, with only a little help from me with the “y,” Rory signed his own name on his Valentine card to Mrs. Claire and Ms. Lisa. I was so proud of him!

IMG_4972

IMG_4968 IMG_4974

IMG_4981

IMG_4982

IMG_4978 IMG_4983

IMG_4988

IMG_4991

IMG_4990

IMG_4995

Kenny and I had a belated Valentine’s dinner at home last Friday. It was so nice actually sitting together at our table and chatting all evening. Thanks for a fantastic night, Baby!

IMG_5030

Have a wonderful {Mardi Gras} weekend, everyone. I’ll have lots of parade recaps to tell y’all about next week. Be safe and have fun!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...