Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Thanksgiving Day

There was no rest for the weary this year on Thanksgiving morning: I had a race to run! It was my first time doing the 5-mile Turkey Trot in City Park. The ‘Woods have done it for a few years, and I decided to join them this year.

IMG_2927

I saw a number of people I knew out there (including our friend Josh, Riley’s PK4 teacher Mrs. Amelie, and also some guy in a full-on turkey costume that I didn’t know but had to take a photo with). The race was great. The course was really nice, and I even got an extra mile in before it started because my scheduled long run that week was 6 miles.

IMG_2928 IMG_2930IMG_2933 IMG_2934

Kenny and the boys ended up coming out too; they played at the playground near Morning Call while they waited for me. All of the ‘Woods ran by first, and Riley ran alongside Nicholas for a bit. Then I finally came into view, although the boys were off playing and didn’t hear Kenny call for them to come see me. But they eventually raced over and ran with me for a little while. They were good motivation for me to finish the last mile and a half strong!

IMG_7683

IMG_7684

IMG_7685

IMG_7697

IMG_7710

IMG_7708

20161124_100611

The finish line was inside Tad Gormley Stadium and lots of people were in the stands watching. The ‘Woods cheered for me as I crossed, and we all met up just outside the stadium afterwards. Grandma, Kenny, and the boys showed up shortly after. We took some pictures and then left to go eat all the things.

IMG_2935

IMG_2937

IMG_7702

We gathered at our house and had a great afternoon. Amaretto shrimp, baked artichoke squares, seafood gumbo with potato salad, kale salad with parm cheese, salad bar, beer bread, and buttermilk blueberry cake for dessert. Yum.

IMG_2946

IMG_2952

IMG_2972

After dinner, I went to visit Nola and Nopsi, and everyone else took a walk to the levee. Then we reconvened and the cousins played all afternoon. It was a great family day!

IMG_7729

20161124_151135

IMG_2975

Speaking of which, I am so very thankful for my little family. These three boys are my world and I am so grateful for them.

20161124_194310

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving. Now, on to Christmas!

2 comments:

QP said... Best Blogger Tips

But first, a birthday! See you at lunch!
What a great Thanksgiving meal. Everyone looks like they had a great time!

Nola said... Best Blogger Tips

Beautiful day. You did a great job with all aspects.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...