Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Video Tuesday: Backyard Splashing

By the end of most summer days thus far, this is how I feel:

IMG_6318

Summer has been kicking my butt. Not only is it unbearably hot outside, but I also have two unruly boys to entertain all day. And as much as I would love to park them in front of the tv for ten hours straight, I just can’t be responsible for turning their brains to mush. (Besides, Rory would not accept that plan. He needs to move. Riley, on the other hand, would be perfectly happy to sit on the couch all day long.)

IMG_6317

So, despite the heat, we have actually been in the backyard quite a bit the past couple of weeks, thanks in large part to Rory’s little swimming pool he got from Grandma and Grandpa for his birthday.

IMAG2422 IMAG2447

IMAG2433

IMAG2442 IMAG2440

Riley has been loving the pool, while Rory seems to favor the pirate ship. But they have both been loving cooling off in the water. And I have been loving the shade provided by the crepe myrtle tree. At least it only feels like it’s in the low 90s in the shade, as opposed to almost 100 in the sun.

IMG_6327

IMG_6332

IMG_6330 IMG_6333

IMG_6345

Can we just take a moment to acknowledge the unbelievably gorgeous eyelashes that both of my boys have? My goodness.

IMG_6339

IMG_6334 IMG_6344

IMG_6341

Playing outside on a summer day in Louisiana takes a bit of commitment, but these two sure do seem to enjoy splashing around with each other.

IMG_6336

Plus, they usually take really good afternoon naps on those days, and that’s just fine with me.

IMG_6316

Happy Tuesday!

1 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...