Monday, July 14, 2014

Sixteen Months {Rory}

Rory is sixteen months old today. He weighs 26.4 pounds and stands about 32 inches tall. He is wearing mostly 24-month or 2T clothing, a size 5 diaper, and size 5 shoes.

Here’s what I want to remember about this past month:

  • He’s not eating quite as much this month, and he’s not nearly as adventurous or as willing as his brother when it comes to trying new things. But he’s most definitely not wasting away.
  • Kenny started teaching him the sign for “more” and he has mimicked it a couple of times.
  • He has also started to share bites of his food, which is so cute. He’ll often shove a Cheerio or a goldfish into my mouth.
  • What’s not cute is his continued aversion to highchairs. I am still chasing him around the house for many meals to get him to eat. And when he is in his chair, he loves to throw his food onto the floor when he’s decided he’s done eating.
  • He is drinking his milk like a champ, and as of very early this month, NO MORE BOTTLES! So I now have lots more counter and cabinet space. Awesome.
  • His sleeping patterns have gotten worse this month. His naps are hit or miss many days (morning is usually better) and he has been waking up at 5am every morning for a while now. Not fun. But he still goes down for the night with little or no fuss.
  • He is walking/running all over the place.
  • He has started clicking his tongue and loves when I do it back.
  • He loves bringing different toys to me and looks so proud of himself when I accept them.
  • He loves looking at books.
  • He has expressed more of an interest in TV, especially Mickey. However, Riley has pretty much outgrown Mickey (*tear*) so we don’t watch it all that often. But I have a feeling Mickey will be my best friend again once Riley starts back at school.
  • He has been SO whiny lately. I wonder if he’s busy growing more teeth. I haven’t noticed any others, but it’s possible he has more than last month.
  • He is starting to really test his limits with me, which I’m sure will only get worse.
  • He will go get Tiger or Macaroni when asked.
  • It’s obvious he understands so much but he’s still not talking. I can see the wheels turning in his head, though, and it seems like he wants to talk so bad but just can’t find a way to get any words out. Soon enough, though.
  • He loves, loves, loves his brother. And Kenny and I constantly tell each other how great our two boys are. We are so so lucky.

Sixteen months old!

DSC_2817

3 comments:

Nola said... Best Blogger Tips

OMG, he is SOOOO cute that I can put up with the constant shrieking and whining.

QP said... Best Blogger Tips

SO stinkin' cute

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

Just wait for Rory to start talking-and then he wikl talk all the time- Your Uncle Bill was the same way- Rory is so precous- Hugs, Grams

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...