Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Weekend

Despite all three of my boys not feeling their best, last weekend ended up being really fun. We spent lots of time with family, watched two great football games, and generally enjoyed being together.

DSC_6550

There was also a fairly major meltdown that happened, but more on that tomorrow. {Hint: it involves the wonk potatoes.}

DSC_6554

Riley and I ran some errands just the two of us on Saturday morning. It was nice being on my own with my oldest boy. I spent way too much money in Michael’s, but I will hopefully get a few special DIY projects (some for me, some as gifts) accomplished because of it.

LSU played Mississippi State on Saturday night (and won!), and Nola, Nopsi, Uncle Jeff, Kate, and UJ came over for dinner and the game. (Aunt E was visiting a friend of hers in Virginia.) Everyone got to construct their own plate of homemade nachos, which was so much fun. I made shredded beef in the crockpot and Nola and Nopsi brought the rest of the spread. Nachos may just replace homemade pizzas in desirability for me. Very tasty. (Oh, and I also made this for dessert. Pretty good but probably not worth making again.)

DSC_6562

DSC_6552 DSC_6565

DSC_6570

Riley and Kate had fun playing together for a bit before bedtime, and I even scored a Sleepy Doodlebug picture before Jeff took her home. Sweet girl.

DSC_6571 IMG_3233

Staying on my baking kick (I know, right? Who am I?), I made buttermilk blueberry breakfast cake the next morning. Yum. Then Riley and I collaborated on a little project for Ms. Amanda. She wasn’t at school on Friday, and Riley came home that day telling me he missed her. So sweet. I suggested he make her a card and he readily agreed.

DSC_6580 DSC_6585

DSC_6596

DSC_6590 DSC_6594

DSC_6595

After our impromptu art class, I wound up taking the two boys with me to Kel-Kel and Skeets’ house for the Saints game. I didn’t originally think we would be able to accept their invitation, but Rory seemed to be feeling better.

DSC_6610

He’s had a cold for about a week: runny nose and coughing. I took him in to see Dr. N on Friday, and she recommended an OTC homeopathic medicine to try, as well as a prescription antibiotic. We’ve also been doing saline and suction, running the humidifier in his room every night, and putting some Baby Vick’s on his chest. Fingers crossed he’s all better soon. Riley’s been a little sick, too, but not quite as bad. Darn school germs.

DSC_6631

Kenny stayed at home to rest get some things done, and the boys and I rode to Kel-Kel and Skeets’ with Nola, Nopsi, Uncle Jeff, and Kate. It was another great game (Saints win!), and I was so glad we were able to make it. Rory was charming as always, and Riley was surprisingly non-whiny. (Again, more on the wonk potatoes’ recent state of mind tomorrow. Brace yourselves.)

DSC_6616 DSC_6620

20131006_120707

Riley and Kate had a blast playing together for the second day in a row, and Rory was willingly passed from person to person most of the afternoon. He even took a nap on the floor of Kel-Kel and Skeets’ bedroom. Riley, however, skipped his nap and was one tired boy when we got into the car to head home.

photo 1 DSC_664120131006_144706 DSC_6640

IMG_3238

What a weekend. Riley’s school craft fair was supposed to be on Saturday, but it was postponed on account of Tropical Storm Karen, which luckily never amounted to much. The fair was rescheduled for this weekend, so that’s where we’ll be for a bit on Saturday. LSU plays Florida that afternoon, and the Saints are at the Patriots on Sunday afternoon.

I love weekends in the fall. Even if we don’t have any other plans, there’s always football.

1 comments:

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

What a good time was held by all- Two great football games and wa win for both Those nachos look delious- Hope we can enjoy some soon- Hugs, Grams

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...