Friday, January 4, 2013

Thirty Weeks {Sprout}

Oh my goodness. Only ten more weeks to go! Eek. And I still have not lifted a finger about rearranging rooms. Double eek.

My latest appointment with Dr. S was the day after Christmas and I now see her every two weeks. My blood pressure was good (112/70), Sprout’s heartrate was in the 150s, and I have gained a total of 17 pounds, which is just fine.

My headaches aren’t really an issue anymore, and the heartburn isn’t as frequent either. My belly has been feeling tighter and heavier lately, which I suppose is to be expected. I’ve also had more round ligament pain, especially when I sneeze, but it’s manageable. And this kid seems to be lots more active than I remember Riley being, which was fun at first but is now somewhat annoying, especially when I’m trying to get to sleep at night. But, I’d rather feel him than not since it assures me he’s okay in there.

There were a few days the week of Christmas when I didn’t feel him much at all, but that could have been because I was sick all that week. I came down with a cold on Christmas Eve and it didn’t go away until a few days into the New Year. Sinus pressure, sore throat, runny nose, fever, achiness, and coughing. Oh, the coughing. I coughed so much at times that my stomach muscles actually started to hurt. I even got a little concerned that I was doing irreversible damage to Sprout! But he’s kicking and moving all around like normal again, so he’s recovered, too. I did feel bad for him every time I coughed though. He had to wonder what the heck was going on!

I’m trying to take it easy, especially since it’s harder to get around these days with my big ol’ belly and since I’m having more trouble getting comfortable in bed at night, but there always seems to be something that needs to be done around here. Not to mention the demands of the two-year-old little boy that lives with me! Ah well. Such is life.

Here’s my latest belly pic, at 30 weeks.

IMG_7094

And this one is from when I was pregnant with Riley at 28 weeks, just for a fun comparison.

IMG_2832

Two trimesters down and less than one to go!

6 comments:

QP said... Best Blogger Tips

Yay for the active Sprout!
PC, you know it would take Nola, Nopsi, Ken and me one Saturday to get Sprout and Rileybean's rooms in order. Just say the word.

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

You do look the same with Sprout as with bean.So healthy is as healthy does. Hugs, Grams

Aunt E said... Best Blogger Tips

Love the comparison pictures of Sprout and Bean. Great idea!

Jenna said... Best Blogger Tips

Yay Sprout!

Nola said... Best Blogger Tips

Actually, you look SMALLER with Sprout than you did with Riley. Bravo! Keep up that Jazzercise and activity level (like you have a choice). And I agree with QP....say the word and we'll knock those rooms into shape in an afternoon!

Erin @ DomesticAdventure.com said... Best Blogger Tips

Just stopping by to say hi! Yes, I am due pretty much any time, though my due date is still a little over a week away. Glad to see you're coming right along with your next one, too!

xo,
Erin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...