Tuesday, January 22, 2013

It’s Carnival Time!

With the passing of King’s Day on January 6, we are now officially in the middle of the Carnival season in the city of New Orleans. And you know what that means…..kingcake!

DSC_0122

Riley learned at a very young age what kingcake is (thanks in part to his Goodnight Nola book), and he hasn’t looked back since.

DSC_0115

Our first kingcake of 2013 was courtesy of Nola. She picked up a Marguerite’s kingcake for us a couple of weeks ago, and Riley enjoyed it immensely. As did Mama.

DSC_0116 DSC_0117

Riley and I usually shared a small piece after lunch on the days he ate really good. I also found that the threat of no kingcake worked well in getting him to finish all of his lunch. Most times.

DSC_0119

Thank goodness because we’re almost all out of candy corn.

DSC_0121

Kingcake is just one part of the Carnival season, though. As I mentioned before, Riley is so excited about Mardi Gras this year. I’m sure it won’t be long before we’re knee-deep in beads and doubloons. But I have done my part to show support for Riley’s infectious Carnival spirit: check out our awesome new front door wreath.

IMG_1755

The first major parades start this weekend, so I had better rest up if I’m going to make it through the next few weeks…..wish me luck.

Happy Carnival, y’all!

3 comments:

rileybeanfollower985 said... Best Blogger Tips

That boy is adorable! But seriously??!! Who eats king cake with a fork?!

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

Yes your Mardi Gras Wreath is just beautiful Hugs, Grams

Jackie said... Best Blogger Tips

I LOVE that wreath!!! It looks so good!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...