Friday, January 18, 2013

Thirty-Two Weeks {Sprout}

Okay, so it’s official. I have reached beached whale status.

I am 32 weeks pregnant as of today, and I’m starting to get mighty uncomfortable. These next two months are going to be challenging to say the least. It’s difficult to bend over, difficult to get up from the couch or from the bed, and difficult to carry Riley-bean around (which I don’t do much of right now). I’ve also noticed a bit more swelling in my hands and feet. But I’m hanging in there the best I can.

I last saw Dr. S on January 8, and everything was still looking good. My blood pressure was a tad higher than usual but still normal (130/78), and Sprout’s heartrate was 140. I go back to see her again on Tuesday.

Sprout is as active as ever, at multiple times throughout the day. He moves so violently at times that I’m worried he won’t ever stop moving once he’s made his grand entrance in March. My internal organs have definitely been taking a beating because of his kicks and stretches; I shudder to think what it will feel like in a few more weeks when his internal space has decreased even more.

Speaking of which, my bladder capacity has diminished greatly in the last couple of weeks, which means I’m once again getting up in the middle of the night. The heartburn also seems to be making a comeback, which is just super. No more headaches, though, which is such a blessing. Those were brutal this time around.

As part of the great room switch last weekend, Sprout’s nursery is coming along. Nola and I spent quite a bit of time that afternoon organizing all of Riley’s old clothes. We filled the dresser drawers with bibs, burp cloths, blankets, and clothes in sizes newborn to 6 months and packed away all of the bigger sizes. Hooded towels and washcloths are in the bathroom closet, and newborn and size 1 diapers and wipes are stocked and ready to go. I also got all of the bottles out, as well as moved a few of Riley’s younger-aged books downstairs.

DSC_0125

There are a few more things I need to get, like a hamper, a lamp, hangers, and of course the all-important pacis, but Riley and I will take a trip to Babies ‘R Us and Target one day soon and knock all of that stuff out in one fell swoop. Not too much longer now…..

Here’s my 32 week belly pic!

IMG_7118

3 comments:

QP said... Best Blogger Tips

PC, you look fabulous. And so do the new rooms!

Jenna said... Best Blogger Tips

Love the room switch!

And hardly a beached whale. That doesn't mean you don't feel like it though. Be well!

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

You look fabulous- BabySprout's room is so pretty with all the light. Hugs, Grams

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...