Friday, March 19, 2010

A Sudden Craving

There are two food items in this world that I don't think I could live without: chocolate and bread. I can safely say that I am pretty much addicted to both. Me and carbs? Yeah, we get along just fine. I always have some form of chocolate in the house, and since it is close to Easter (my favorite time of year for holiday candy) I'm all set in the sweets department.

But the other night Kenny and I were watching an episode of "Throwdown with Bobby Flay" (Side note: if you haven't ever seen it, watch it; it's a great show. Side note 2: I'm just remembering I had a dream about Bobby last night. He was sitting on my couch eating everything in the house and playing Wii, which we don't own. Strange.) and the theme was biscuits and jam. Suddenly I really, really, really wanted a good homemade biscuit. However, it was 10 o'clock at night and I elected to sleep instead of staying up to bake.

You better believe I woke up the next morning dreaming about biscuits, though. And I didn't want the kind out of the can. I wanted big ole, made-from-scratch, buttery, delicious biscuits. But I also had to work with what I had in the house. Thank goodness biscuits are really easy to make with Bisquick. Just add some milk and you've got a batter!

IMG_2505

Ten minutes later I had 8 fresh, hot biscuits out of the oven and onto my plate. Crisis averted, craving satisfied.

And to further extend my bread obsession, I made a trip to Great Harvest Bread Company today, bakers of the best bread in all of Acadiana. The moment you step through the door the overwhelming and tantalizing smell hits and you have to restrain from buying everything in sight. Luckily, I made it out with just three selections: challah bread, chocolate brownie bread (two cravings satisfied at once…yes!), and gouda beer bread. Delish!

IMG_2510

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...