Thursday, June 7, 2018

School Days: 2nd Grade Last Day {Riley}

Riley’s last day of school was Friday, May 25. I took his official last day picture and was surprised that he hadn’t grown more. I thought the difference would be much more noticeable than it was for Rory.

IMG_7990

2nd-FirstLast

Rory and I actually walked into school with him because I had to make sure I could get the end of the year slideshow to work correctly. (I have done a slideshow for Riley’s class for the past two years, but I’m hoping not to have to do it for either grade next year. It’s a lot of work!) All of the kids were so excited to finally be done, but one thing’s for sure: they had a great year and they all LOVED their two teachers.

Once I got the slideshow set up and ready to go, Rory and I found Dana and Colin in the church. Riley chose to sit behind Ms. Paulin instead. The last mass of the year is interminable, and Rory got really restless. But we finally finished up and were able to head back to Riley’s classroom. I had to find Rory’s PK3 teacher Mrs. Claire first, though: it was announced that she was retiring AND that Ms. Lisa isn’t returning either! Dana and I gasped out loud at the news. So glad the boys had them last year; we just love both of them so much.

The whole second grade gathered in Ms. Paulin’s room to watch the slideshow. I had one small issue with the music but otherwise it ran smoothly for just under 13 minutes. The kids really seemed to enjoy it. And I ended up getting a six-pack of Paradise Park from Alyssa and Abbey as a thank you for being Photography Mom. So awesome.

IMG_7992

IMG_7995

IMG_7998

IMG_8002

IMG_8005

Riley {reluctantly} took some pictures and then we left. He unexpectedly started crying on the way out to the car. He said he really didn’t want to leave Ms. Paulin and could he please go back to school tomorrow so he could be with her? Sweet boy.

IMG_8012

IMG_8020 IMG_8015

IMG_8017

IMG_8006 IMG_8009

IMG_8011

IMG_8022

IMG_8025

He brought his memory book home earlier that week, and I loved looking through it. So many good things in there!

IMG_8337

IMG_8339

IMG_8342-edited

Riley-memory1

IMG_8353-edited

Riley-memory2

IMG_8358

IMG_8362-edited

Riley-memory3

IMG_8364

Riley-memory4

IMG_8365

IMG_8375

IMG_8376

My Riley-bean had a fantastic year. He was scared to move from first to second and he’s scared to move from second to third (and into the big building!), but he’s doing just fine, and his daddy and I are so proud of him.

2 comments:

AD #1 said... Best Blogger Tips

His AD#1 is so proud of him, too ... he is growing up so fast!

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

The pic of him crying almost had me in tears. What a soft heart he has! Lynne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...