Friday, October 2, 2015

NOLA on Tap and Nopsi’s Birthday

At first the only set plans we had last weekend were on Friday: City Park Night. The next morning, Kenny took the boys off to Home Depot while I stayed back and cleaned the house. Fun, right?

Then I remembered that NOLA on Tap (benefitting the LA SPCA) was that afternoon from 1-8pm. While the boys were napping, I convinced Kenny, Uncle Jeff, and Nopsi that we should go. So once everyone was awake, we packed up and headed out to the City Park Festival Grounds.

IMG_3058

We ran into some of my fellow Jazzercisers and their kids, so we set up camp with them for the afternoon. I brought Riley’s new Darth Vader and R2-D2 bubbles, which were a huge hit with all of the kids. Kate’s technique was my favorite, though; she was definitely channeling Grammy by leaning back before blowing her bubbles. Too cute.

IMG_3056

IMG_3052 IMG_3065

IMG_3060

IMG_3062 IMG_3069

IMG_3063

My favorite beer we tasted was Chandeleur Brewery’s Toasted Coconut. So yummy. Rory had tiny sips of multiple different ones, and Riley loved the soft pretzel I got for him. The kids (Rory especially) made friends with lots of the dogs out there, and I was so glad that Nopsi and I got to go to our second festival together in three weeks.

IMG_3073

IMG_3050 IMG_3084

IMG_3086

Such a fun afternoon!

IMG_3109

IMG_3089

IMG_3108

At Sunday dinner the next day we celebrated Nopsi’s birthday. Since he loves Italian food, Nola made a delicious bolognese sauce in the crockpot. Riley and Kate even loved it. For dessert, I made a fruit plate for Nopsi and a fruit pizza for the rest of us. And Riley was so excited to give Nopsi the Star Wars birthday card that I found in which R2-D2 “sings” Happy Birthday. So funny.

IMG_3114 IMG_3118

IMG_3121

IMG_3123 IMG_3125

IMG_3127

64 years young.

Have a wonderful weekend, everyone!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...