Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Summer Days, Part One

I am proud to say that I have been continuing the “Wacky Wednesday” tradition quite well so far. However, our fun outings haven’t always been on Wednesdays. We have actually been doing things on Terrific Thursdays, with a Fun Friday and a Magnificent Monday thrown in for good measure as well.

As for what we’ve been doing, we’ve been getting together with Riley’s school friends Claire and Alcee almost every week since they finished PK3. Dana is off every Thursday, so that’s why we’ve been getting together on those days. Diana and Alcee were out of town, but Dana brought Claire and Colin over to play on the morning of May 29, which was our first summer playdate. They had a great time here, and then we all went to Chick-Fil-A for lunch, where we met up with Kelli, Julia, and Jack.

IMG_6056 IMG_6062IMG_6064 IMG_6058

The next week I invited everyone over to Nola and Nopsi’s house to swim after Riley’s swimming lesson was over. Kelli wasn’t able to make it, but Dana brought Claire and Colin and Diana brought Alcee. We had lots of fun swimming and then feasting on a yummy lunch. (Thanks again, Nopsi, for grilling, and also thanks to Nola for making cookies for us!)

DSC_1896

DSC_1887

DSC_1901 DSC_1902

DSC_1904

DSC_1906

We also had a lagniappe outing the very next day when we went to bounce with Kelli, Julia, and Jack. That’s when Rory did all of that walking.

The week after that Diana invited Dana and I to her house. The kids played inside for a bit, went outside to jump on the big trampoline, and then convinced us to go for a swim. Another fun afternoon!

IMG_6235

IMG_6230

IMG_6244

This week Kenny and I have been a little under the weather but I did still do something fun for Riley. I took him to see How to Train Your Dragon 2 on Monday afternoon. Kelli, Julia, and Jack came too.

IMG_6305

I was hesitant to go back to the theater so soon after seeing Rio 2 (during which Riley’s behavior solely revolved around snacks and not the movie), but we had a talk beforehand and he ended up behaving quite well, even while sitting next to Jack. At one point, Riley looked over at me and had the biggest smile in his face, so I was really glad we went. Plus, the movie was really good.

IMG_6303

IMG_6301

IMG_6308

I’m just crossing my fingers that I get better soon, and that the boys don’t pick up what Kenny and I have. We still have lots more to do this summer!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...