Sunday, June 15, 2014

Happy Dad’s Day!

Since Kenny went to school to help Riley make a special present for me for Mother’s Day, I thought it only fair that I help him make his daddy a special something for Father’s Day this year. So I did a little searching on Pinterest and found a couple of ideas I thought we could manage.

First, Riley and I filled out a little questionnaire about Daddy (original link found here). I asked Riley the questions, he gave me his answers, and I filled in the blanks. Then I printed it out and framed it in a simple black frame. Like with the birthday interview, I’m hoping to ask the boys these same questions every year and see how their answers change.

Father's Day 2014

The next project was a bit more involved. I wasn’t sure how it would go with the little one, but I think it turned out really cute. I found a handprint craft here and decided to try it with both boys.

I stripped Riley down to his underwear and let him pick his colors. He chose to use four different paints, which I was originally against, but his handprint actually came out looking great with all four colors. Then, since there was some leftover paint on the plate, he asked if he could fingerpaint like he did with Molly and Nathan last summer. So I got out a small canvas and let him go for it. He was so proud of himself.

IMG_6204 IMG_6205IMG_6212 IMG_6206

Then I needed to get Rory’s handprint. I knew he wouldn’t be as cooperative as Riley was, so I had to work fast. I picked purple as his color, painted his hand (which he promptly clenched into a fist), and just barely managed to get a passable handprint onto the cardstock (he tucked his thumb in at the last minute, but it’s still sort of visible). I obviously have no pictures of this process, as I only have two hands myself and needed both to wrangle him and his squirminess.

Later, when both boys were napping, I cut out each of their handprints, wrote little sayings on them, attached them to a piece of black cardstock, and used a white paint pen to write a “Happy Father’s Day” message to Kenny on it. Turned out pretty cute, huh?

IMG_6258

The boys also gave their daddy gift cards to Nola Motorsports Park and a special book for him to read to them, called Mighty Dads.

IMG_6262

Thank you for being the most wonderful father our two boys could ever want and hope for, Kenny. You are our rock, you are our calm, you are our favorite. We love you.

DSC_1917

A very Happy Father’s Day to all of the other dads in our lives as well. We love you all too!

3 comments:

QP said... Best Blogger Tips

Kenny is definitely one of my favorite dads. Happy Father's Day!

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

What a nice blog . Kenny is a great Dad s is Courtney is a great Mom Hugs, Grams

Kenny said... Best Blogger Tips

Thanks baby!!! And thanks to my sweet boys, too for the wonderful gifts. Despite being sick, it was a wonderful day. Y'all are so good to me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...