Friday, May 10, 2013

Quality Time with My Big Boy

While Kenny was away this week, Grandma took over much of the care of the little one so I could devote more of my time and attention to my firstborn. Despite a small setback one day (read: another fever, although fairly low-grade), Riley and I waved goodbye to Grandma and Rory and took off to do some fun things, just the two of us.

IMG_2055

We went to a nearby park on Monday morning and played for two hours outside. It was a beautiful day, and we had so much fun. We climbed on the jungle gym, slid down slides, swung on swings, visited the ducks, checked out the water, picked wildflowers, and ran around after a ball we had brought with us.

IMG_2050

We also stopped by the fire station next to the park and climbed up inside one of the big trucks, with the on-duty fireman’s permission, of course. It was such a wonderful and refreshing morning spent with my big boy.

IMG_2051

We stayed inside and quiet on Tuesday since Riley came down with a fever on Monday afternoon, but we ventured back out again on Wednesday. On Daddy’s awesome suggestion, we headed downtown to the aquarium.

IMG_2064

Riley probably would have preferred to stay in the lobby and look at the big fountain our whole visit, but I dragged him away to see some fish…..

IMG_2068 IMG_2069

…..and frogs…..

IMG_2072

…..and birds, including two blue macaws like the ones in the movie Rio, with which he is obsessed right now.

IMG_2073 IMG_2076

The aquarium was a bit crowded with end-of-the-year school groups, which I somewhat expected, but we had a good time nonetheless. After Riley had had his fill of fish, we walked over to Felipe’s for a yummy lunch with QP.

IMG_2080

Bellies full and bodies tired, we said au revoir to QP and headed back home. It was another great day.

I so enjoyed being on my own with my Riley-bean for a few hours those two mornings, and I thank Grandma for allowing me to spend that time with him. I have been so consumed with caring for Rory for seven weeks that Riley has unfortunately been somewhat neglected. Don’t get me wrong; he’s probably loved being shipped off to Nola’s house or with Grandma somewhere, but I have missed him.

And I think he’s missed me too.

Have a wonderful weekend, everyone!

3 comments:

QP said... Best Blogger Tips

Great idea to make some Riley-mama time. He was so sweet with you at lunch that day.

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

AND don't let stop your toetherness even older. Grams used to take each daughter by tthemselves shopping and lunch everysummer . It's nice Hugs, Grams

AD#1 said... Best Blogger Tips

Good job, C! It's all about balance, and looks like you are figuring it out. Such lucky little boys!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...