Wednesday, May 15, 2013

PK-3 Meet and Greet

Last Friday Kenny and I took Riley to his new school for a little meet and greet with his teachers and some of his future classmates. We were there for about an hour and left with much anticipation for the start of the new school year in August.

IMG_7344

We gathered in the teachers’ lounge, where the school Co-Op had provided coffee, water, and doughnuts for us. Riley and Jack both enjoyed the unexpected sweet treat. I’m so glad they’ll be at the same school; I hope they become good friends just like their daddies.

IMG_7335

IMG_7342

Kenny and I didn’t really know what the morning would entail, but I think we were both surprised when the PK-3 teachers rounded up all of the new students and took them away to play in their new classrooms. There are two sections of PK-3, and the teachers wanted a chance to observe the kids in order to divide them into two classes of a good mix of personalities. The parents stayed back and listened to some important info from one of the school administrators about the upcoming school year.

IMG_7340

Riley came back all smiles, and one of the teachers said he did great while he was away from Mama and Daddy. Some of the other kids shed some tears but not our Riley-bean. I’m sure he was too concerned with finding all of the trucks in his classroom to worry about crying. He did tell us they played with a big computer and got a snack.

IMG_7337

It was a nice little event put on by the school, and it only reaffirmed my confidence in our decision to send Riley there in the fall. I think we’re going to really enjoy being a part of the school community.

1 comments:

QP said... Best Blogger Tips

Still can't get my head around this!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...