Friday, February 15, 2013

Thirty-Six Weeks {Sprout}

Only one more month to go…..woo-hoo! I bet none of y’all knew I was excited about that fact. Granted, I’d be really excited if I only had one week left, but such is life.

My latest doctor’s appointment was on February 5. My blood pressure was good (115/79) but Sprout’s heartrate was the lowest it’s been throughout the whole pregnancy (120s). However, Dr. S said that although at the low end of the range, it was still perfectly acceptable and nothing to worry about. She said we may have just caught him in a resting period, when heartrates are typically much lower.

I go for my next check-up on Tuesday, when I’ll see the nurse practitioner, Jamie, since Dr. S is currently out of town. After that, I’ll start going every week from now until delivery.

My only new complaint is some minor cramping low in my belly. I’m not sure if it’s Braxton-Hicks or not, but it’s nothing more than typical period-like cramps. Heartburn is still hanging around, and I’m still having hip pain, especially at night. And of course I’m swelling a bit and tiring more easily, but what else can I expect from having to carry around an extra 20+ pounds?

Here’s my 36-week belly pic with Sprout…..

IMG_7210

…..and, just for fun, here’s my 36-week belly pic with Riley.

IMG_3069

Oh, and would you believe that I’m still coughing? Not nearly as bad as a couple of weeks ago (that prescription cough syrup worked wonders), but it’s as if a little pocket of phlegm is stuck deep in my throat that I just can’t get out. And every time it aggravates the tissues down there, I cough a bit.

I distinctly remember all of my pregnancy-related symptoms magically disappearing the minute Riley popped out, and I’m hoping the same will happen this time around, too.

Cough included.

2 comments:

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

Thank you so much for detailing the pocket of phlegm. Just made my morning. And I have to say AGAIN, you are, amazingly, smaller with Sprout. Must be all that activity (Riley, Jazzercise) this go round because typically, one is larger with the second one since the muscles and skin have already been stretched! Bravo, Angel. Can't wait to meet Sprout!

Nola said... Best Blogger Tips

The previous comment was from me. Don't know why NOLA did not appear.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...