Thursday, February 21, 2013

Sneak Peek

Last Saturday morning Kenny, Riley, and I drove out to City Park to meet Jennifer of Twirl Photography for another family photo shoot. Hard to believe almost two years had passed since we last saw her!

DSC_0456

QP, UJ, Aunt Elena, and Uncle Bill gave us another Twirl gift certificate for Christmas 2011 but I decided that I wanted to wait until I was big and pregnant with Sprout before using it. Jennifer graciously agreed to extend the expiration, and we decided on last weekend for the shoot.

DSC_0538

Although a bit chilly and windy, it was an absolutely glorious morning to spend outdoors wandering around the park. Nopsi came with us to help with the boy, and he also used my camera to capture some “behind-the-scenes” pictures.

DSC_0410

twirl1

DSC_0449 DSC_0559

I’ll also let you in on a little secret: I was armed with a bag full of candy corn to encourage the boy to cooperate and smile for our hour-long session. I lost count of how many he consumed. We should have gotten a picture documenting that bribery!

DSC_0493

DSC_0506

As we were winding up the shoot and getting ready to leave, we stumbled upon a small gathering of classic car enthusiasts, and one of the owners let Riley climb all over the inside of his car. Very fun, for Riley as well as for Kenny and Nopsi, who enjoyed looking at all of the cool old cars. I bet Nopsi really misses seeing the Art Car Parade every year in Houston!

DSC_0582

DSC_0587 DSC_0603DSC_0595 DSC_0591

After Jennifer left us, Riley wanted to climb up the steps of the Museum of Art again, and Nopsi got these great shots of the boy playing peek-a-boo behind one of the huge stone urns before we went back to the car.

twirl2

Unfortunately, shortly after that bit of fun, Riley awkwardly slid down a few of the steps and got a nasty brush burn on his side. No amount of juice, animal crackers, or playground time could stop him from crying and saying, “You hurt, you hurt.” Poor thing.

DSC_0641

However, he was mostly better by the next morning, although he did complain once or twice. I was glad for that since I knew he’d have an activity-filled day.

DSC_0644

So our second family photo shoot was a huge success. It was great working with Jennifer again, and we couldn’t have asked for better weather.

I should have the CD of Jennifer’s pictures by the end of next week, so I’ll do another post once I’ve had the chance to go through them. (For a little sneak peek, check out her blog here.) After looking at all of the great photos Nopsi got, I can’t wait to see what she captured.

3 comments:

QP said... Best Blogger Tips

Even when "you hurt," he's so stinkin cute

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

Awesome Pics!

Aunt E said... Best Blogger Tips

I love the ones of him by the urns. Too bad he got a big boo-boo though. By the way, Jennifer's pictures look great. Can't wait to see the rest.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...