Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Stairs

I remember when all Riley wanted to do was climb up and down the stairs in Nola’s house.

IMG_5681

When he would inevitably escape my attempt to corral him in the living room and head straight for the hallway.

IMG_5829

When he could only crawl up each step, not walk.

IMG_5682

When he could only slide down on his belly, not hold the handrail and walk.

IMG_5830

He still likes the stairs, even though he doesn’t spend quite as much time on them as he used to.

IMG_5831

Usually he’s already halfway up and calling to me that he wants to “play upstairs, play upstairs” before I even realize where he went.

IMG_5832

Please stop growing up, my Riley-bean.

IMG_5833

Before I know it, you’ll be sliding down the banister and leaping up those stairs two at a time.

And I am so not ready for that.

2 comments:

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

I cannot believe how long Riley's legs are!!! He is growing too fast ( I am sure he '/s going to be at least 6ft. tall) So cute... Hugs. Grams

Nola said... Best Blogger Tips

Made me cry. I hate to see him growing up too.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...