Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Retro Riley

Nopsi brought back a carload of stuff from Houston last weekend and thus needed to make some space in his closet. He was forced to clean out a multitude of old items that had been collecting dust on his closet shelves for years.

Boy, were there some gems in the pile, let me tell you. Old Mardi Gras costumes, two huge plastic knives, a stuffed duck that screams out “Aflac!” when squeezed, a kind-of-neat vintage model car (that has apparently been passed on to my husband), and a deranged-looking gorilla that dances to the Macarena song. (It’s okay to be jealous of that last one. It was quite a find.)

IMG_3927

There was also this: IMG_3934

My original Rocky! I immediately rescued him from among the junk, and he is now safely ensconced in the boy’s crib with the rest of his menagerie.

IMG_3937 IMG_3936

And Riley already knows his name. Be still my heart.

IMG_3940 IMG_3943 IMG_3946 IMG_3947

But then there were these three special pieces:

DSC_0175

A straight-from-the-80s retro sweatband and wristband set that Nopsi used to wear. Nice.

DSC_0173 DSC_0181

I’m shocked that Riley left it all on for as long as he did. He toddled around the kitchen, pushed his favorite truck around the den, and even sat in his highchair with his milk for a little bit before he had had enough.

DSC_0177 DSC_0178

DSC_0183

I would have removed the bands before he got too into his lunch, though, even if he hadn’t tired of them.

DSC_0184

We wouldn’t have wanted them to get messed up beyond repair, now, would we?

I should think not.

4 comments:

QP said... Best Blogger Tips

Funny! I have one question, though: Where is Rocky's red ribbon??

Uncle Jeff said... Best Blogger Tips

Great post. I hope you taught Riley that the Big Knife is not to be used for violence.

Trisha said... Best Blogger Tips

Riley + plaid shirt = oh my gosh cuteness!!!!

Aunt E said... Best Blogger Tips

I like this post. He looks so cute in the sweatband.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...