Tuesday, October 19, 2010

The Monkey Burrito

We have developed a fairly consistent bedtime routine for Riley. It involves changing his diaper, swaddling him, and giving him one last bottle before putting him down for the night. We received a “Swaddle Me” from Reyna as a shower gift, and I have to admit I was reluctant to use it.

At first.

Then we saw how much he seemed to like being swaddled in the hospital, so we decided to give it a try at home using Reyna’s gift. I should never have doubted! It’s so easy to use, and I actually bought 2 more so we’d always have one on hand. When Kenny’s dad saw Riley swaddled for the first time, he said he looked like a burrito. And since one of the swaddles we have has monkeys all over it, we’ve taken to calling him “Monkey Burrito.” He’s awfully cute all wrapped up!

IMG_3776

After being swaddled all night, he usually stretches really good once we unwrap him. I finally got it on video the other morning, but it was still fairly early so the light isn’t the greatest. It’s still worth watching, though! I hope he continues to enjoy being swaddled for a long time!

6 comments:

Ashley said... Best Blogger Tips

Oh, he is so cute! We had 3 swaddle me's too! One day he pooped on all three and i thought i was going to die without it!! They are awesome!

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

Courtney, PRECIOUS, PRECIOUS, PRECIOUS...he looks so happy when he wakes up. You are quite lucky to have a baby with terrific sleeping habits. I can't wait to meet Riley Halloween weekend. Lynne

QP said... Best Blogger Tips

I'm thinkin about getting a 'swaddle me' for UJ....

Erin Hanby said... Best Blogger Tips

He is so happy when he wakes up! How freaking cute is that! I just want to eat him up!!!

Aunt Erin

Jackie said... Best Blogger Tips

hahahaha QP makes me laugh!! I want one too!

Erin @ Domestic Adventure said... Best Blogger Tips

So cute! And Ike did the exact same stretches when we unswaddled him. He couldn't wait to have those arms back!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...