Sunday, September 12, 2010

Two-Week Doctor’s Appt

IMG_3436 Waiting for Dr. B!

Friday was Riley’s two-week check-up with his doctor. Kenny and I were very anxious to talk to Dr. B about a number of things, like if he is gaining appropriate weight, how his circumcision is healing, and the status of his collarbone. Here are his two-week stats:

    • Weight: 9lbs
    • Length: 21.5 inches
    • Head circumference: 14 inches
    • Temperature: 99.3 degrees

All normal! We were so excited to see he had gained almost a whole pound in a week! Wow…I hope he doesn’t keep that rate up; I’d like him to stay little for a while longer. We were also relieved to hear reassurance from Dr. B that his circumcision is healing nicely. I also asked about his very dry and flaky skin (which is apparent all over), and Dr. B said that it’s very normal for newborns to “shed like chameleons” right now. Johnson’s baby lotion, here we come!

Dr. B also checked on Riley’s collarbone by moving his left arm around a bit and gently prodding the break area. It didn’t seem to bother Riley at all, and the doc said he could feel a “knot” beginning to form, indicating the healing process is well under way. He also told us we don’t have to keep his arm pinned in anymore. I can’t tell you how nice it is to be able to see both of his little arms and hands now! We also decided to drop by the hospital and get a digital copy of Riley’s X-ray. Kenny and I had a hard time believing it really doesn’t affect him after seeing this picture (our poor baby!), but he really doesn’t seem to mind!

X-ray (1)

And, in case anyone is wondering, I am doing just fine two weeks after giving birth. My pain level was never really unbearable, which I was very grateful for. I was understandably sore the first week, and I took medicine when I really needed it, but it wasn’t all that often. I was a little emotional the first few days we were home, which my doc said was absolutely normal and which Kenny handled with no complaints and like a pro. I got rid of the ridiculous number of pillows in our bed and can sleep like a normal person again (even on my stomach if I want to, no less!), when Riley lets me. I am having no trouble expressing milk; in fact, I’m pumping more than Riley can keep up with, so we’re actually starting to freeze a decent amount of milk for use later on. Score. And, I am down to just 8lbs over my pre-pregnancy weight, which means I’ve already lost 25lbs! Awesome. Think I can keep going and lose 25 more??? :)

1 comments:

Jackie said... Best Blogger Tips

Wow! 25 lbs down! Go ahead with your hot self friend!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...