Monday, September 27, 2010

Riley’s First Road Trip

Kenny and I took Riley on his first road trip this past weekend. My dad’s birthday was Saturday, and we thought it would be fun to celebrate with him and Mom at their house in Houston. Riley did SO great in the car on the way there: he slept the whole way! He got fussy right as we turned onto my parents’ street, so it couldn’t have been more perfect. (The ride back wasn’t quite as good, but he did sleep most of the way.)

IMG_3540

My parents were so happy to see us. My dad was especially glad for the visit since he hadn’t seen any of us since the hospital. He and Mom had a wonderful dinner ready for all of us when we got there, and after we ate, we basically just watched Riley the rest of the night. I know I’m biased, but he is just so cute! The next morning we gave my dad his birthday presents, and Mom’s present definitely outdid ours. She gave him a guitar! He has apparently been wanting one for close to a year, and now he has one. I think he was very stunned at the gift but immediately unpacked it and started playing. I think Mom scored big points with him this year!

IMG_3546

IMG_3550 IMG_3545

IMG_3564

Mom and I got out of the house Saturday afternoon to run some errands, as did Kenny and Dad, and everyone had their fair share of quality time with Riley, but most of the rest of the weekend was filled with football. We’re certainly exposing Riley to the joys of the game right from the start! Arkansas was so close to upsetting Alabama, LSU pulled off the win against West Virginia, but unfortunately the Saints couldn’t get the same thing done against the Falcons. Oh well; no more perfect season!

IMG_3594 IMG_3597

My dad and I also worked on (and finished!) an art project for Riley’s room. I’ll do a separate post once we have it up on the wall, but I will say that I think it’s going to look great! Thanks so much, Mom and Dad, for letting us come visit you. We had so much fun and are already looking forward to another road trip!

2 comments:

Jackie said... Best Blogger Tips

You may be biased, but I'm not and I can say, he's really flipping cute!

Unknown said... Best Blogger Tips

Come back!!!!!!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...