Monday, August 31, 2009

Neighborhood Walk

A new snoball/smoothie/ice cream place just opened at the edge of our neighborhood, and since it was such a nice night tonight, Ken and I decided to take a walk to get dessert. There were streaks of clouds across the sky, stained pink, orange, and purple by the setting sun. Gorgeous. And we met Sophie, a friendly young Calico from two blocks over whom I very much wanted to take home, even if she did already have a collar and tag with her name and address engraved on it. Why didn't I bring my camera with me!!! Always, always be prepared for that Kodak moment.

Even though our walk was great, dessert was not. We got our usual snoballs - chocolate for me and nectar for Ken - but they were less than stellar. We'll definitely give the place another shot, especially since it's so close to home, but at least if the snoballs don't improve, there's always ice cream!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...