Thursday, August 27, 2009

Book Report

I recently realized I have been terribly remiss in posting about my latest literary adventures. My last book entry was about Dewey, back in April. I’ve gone through a dozen books since then, and I’m almost done with the next one. A couple were re-reads (Harry Potter 6 and 7); three were mindless adventure/suspense novels (Atlantis, David Gibbons; Utopia, Lincoln Child; Blasphemy, Douglas Preston); three had a little more depth to them (Driftwood Summer, Patti Callahan Henry; My Best Friend’s Girl, Dorothy Koomson; Sarah’s Key, Tatiana De Rosnay); and the other four were the Twilight series. I thoroughly enjoyed all of the Twilight books; Stephenie Meyer created a world of fantasy into which I completely escaped.

I’m now reading The Wednesday Sisters, by Meg Waite Clayton. The concept is good (four middle-aged women in the 60s and 70s forming friendships with each other and balancing their husbands, children, and life in general with aspirations to become writers), but I find myself not really caring about any of the characters. It’s worth reading, but I’m already thinking about what my next selection will be!

TheWednesdaySisters

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...