Friday, September 1, 2017

R+F Weekend in Katy

A few weeks ago I spent a weekend in Katy, Texas at an event for my Rodan + Fields business. I got to know so many people I had previously only known through Facebook, and my time there only cemented the fact that starting my own business was the right thing to do. I have met so many incredible women through this journey, and I’m so grateful to know each and every one of them. Especially Tara, who housed me no questions asked even though she had never met me!

IMG_0558 IMG_0560IMG_0557 IMG_0559

We went to an informal get together at a place called the Local Bar on Friday night. There was also a team photo shoot before that, on account of one of the people in my upline earning her free Lexus from R+F. That was the key reason I was there, to celebrate Amy and her success.

IMG_0645

IMG_0562

IMG_0561

IMG_0564

Saturday was the main event, Amy’s Lexus celebration. She held it at a really cool venue, Braman Winery and Brewery. We got all dressed up and had a really fun afternoon.

IMG_0569

IMG_0567 IMG_0568

IMG_2629

IMG_0573 IMG_0574 IMG_0581

IMG_0587

IMG_0578 IMG_0584

IMG_0588

We took more team pictures too! It was SO hot out.

IMG_0646

IMG_4044

IMG_4057

After the party was over, we hung out at the brewery for a bit before heading to get some dinner. We went to Dekker’s and had so much fun. Apologies to the older couples and families with young children seated in the same room as us; we got quite loud at times!

IMG_0592

IMG_0599

IMG_0597 IMG_0619

IMG_0601

IMG_0620

After dinner we said goodbye to some and the rest went back to Tara’s house to introduce Jen to Cards Against Humanity. We laughed SO. MUCH. and had so much fun.

IMG_0632

IMG_0630

The next morning we met for brunch at a restaurant right next to Local Bar. Mimosa flights and Bloody Marys continued the party weekend! Then it was straight to the airport for my flight home to my boys.

IMG_0634

IMG_0641

I am so glad I was able to join the festivities during this weekend. I’m glad to actually have met in person so many of the people I’ve come to know through this business. I know I’ll stay friends with many of them for many, many years to come. 

So that’s why the impact of Hurricane Harvey hit me harder than it normally would have. Many of the people I spent time with during this Lexus weekend lost their homes or had family members who did. As New Orleanians, we know firsthand just what they’re going through. So we can help, we can donate, we can pray, and we can love. Just like us, they will get through this.

2 comments:

Nola said... Best Blogger Tips

That's exactly what I was thinking as I read this terrific post about these amazing women.....how many of them were impacted by Harvey. I am so sorry for your friends, Courtney; but we know they will survive and come back stronger than ever. Please let me know if there is anything I can do.

QP said... Best Blogger Tips

Fantastic glimpse into your work world. I'm so glad you got to meet your compatriots. Yes, we will continue to pray and hope, even from as far away as France, and Nola is correct: We, of all people, know your friends will survive and will be stronger than ever.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...