Friday, November 13, 2009

Happy Birthday…..to me!

I turned the big 3-0 yesterday. I received lots of phone calls throughout the day, and the overwhelming question was, “So how does it feel to be thirty???” To be honest, I don’t really feel all that different, and I’m not having a hard time letting go of my twenties. I still feel like me, and that’s just fine. However, getting that question a number of times allowed me to go back and reflect on my previous decade of life. Lots of great and wonderful things happened to me in my twenties:

*Finished up my college years at LSU

*Started dating my would-be husband

*Moved all by myself to North Carolina for graduate school at UNCW, where I also met one of my dearest friends, Jackie

*Became engaged and then married my amazing husband and went on the honeymoon of a lifetime in Hawaii

*Moved with said husband to a new city where we didn’t know many people

Those are just a few of the many things that I remember about the past ten years. I have a great life, and I consider myself lucky to have the things that I have. A beautiful home, good health, a wonderful husband, great family and friends.

Speaking of which, my parents drove over yesterday to keep me company on my birthday. Mom and I had unbelievable spa treatments (facial for her, massage for me), we shopped at Loft, we lunched with Dad at Cafe Roma, and then we relaxed at home with Kenny before dinner. We had reservations for 7pm at Jolie’s Louisiana Bistro, and when we walked in I discovered Kenny’s parents already seated at our table! They had driven up to surprise me and join in on the birthday fun. The six of us had a great time eating, drinking, chatting, and gifting (What? That’s a word, right?). It was after 10pm when we finally realized we should probably call it a night and leave the restaurant!

IMG_0317For some reason my dessert had “Happy Anniversary” spelled out on it instead of “Happy Birthday.” We all thought it was hilarious.

IMG_0319Kenny presented me with a beautiful string of freshwater pearls at dinner. Happy Birthday to me, indeed! 

Thank you, everyone, for making my day such a special one! Same time, same place next year? :)

1 comments:

Jackie said... Best Blogger Tips

Aww friend! You're so sweet! Meeting you here in NC was the best thing to happen to me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...