Saturday, November 29, 2008

Thanks and giving and drinking our sorrows away

Despite being sick I had a great Thanksgiving this year. Kenny and I drove in from Lafayette on Thursday morning and went straight to my parents' house. We arrived early so there was plenty of time to play with Doug the puppy! Jeff is taking care of him while Erin is in Arkansas with her family, so there are currently 3 cats and 1 dog living together under one roof. It has certainly been interesting.

Me and Doug

Our Turkey Day group this year was on the small side (13 people); we only needed one table! The food was fantastic, as always, especially dessert. I love me some Mississippi mud pie, especially when my mom makes it. She even made a whole extra pie for me to take home! I am excited about that, but I know I'll end up eating the whole thing since Kenny doesn't like chocolate.....

Kenny, me, Jeff, Mom, Dad

Happy Thanksgiving!

Yesterday, while Mom decorated the house for Christmas (which, as you may or may not know, is an ordeal....she has 12 big bins full of stuff), the rest of us watched LSU fall behind to Arkansas, then completely take control of the game, only to end up losing by one freaking point. We will not speak any more about this. Instead, a group of us went to Lager's to get some burgers and beer, a good solution for any time you're down. As I have said before, there's always next season!

I hope everyone has had a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday....only 26 more days until Christmas!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...