Thursday, November 13, 2008

Happy Birthday to me!

Yesterday was my 29th birthday. I woke up to a surprise pancake breakfast that Kenny had made for me before he went off to work. He is such a sweetheart. After the yummy pancakes I was lazy the rest of the day, staying in my pj's and lounging on the couch watching movies. Not a bad way to spend a birthday, right? I received a delivery of flowers around 3pm, from Kenny, of course. See the pictures below; they are beautiful!



Eventually I had to go take a shower and get dressed for dinner. Kenny took me to Nash's Restaurant in Broussard, which is owned by the Barreca family. I had shrimp and corn soup to start and my entree was the pecan trout meuniere with pesto linguine. Kenny had turtle soup and maple duck with a peach brandy sauce. We also picked out a great Italian white wine: Ca Montini pinot grigio. Everything was quite tasty. And we arrived home to another surprise, a package on the front porch. My mom sent me a gorgeous fall wreath for my front door!


Thanks everyone, so much, for all of the birthday calls, emails, cards, and wishes. It's always a very special day for me, and I love hearing from so many of my friends and family!

1 comments:

Jackie said... Best Blogger Tips

Aww yay! I'm so glad you had such a nice day friend! That awesome dinner must have been where you were when I called, I don't blame you for not answering with that in front of you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...