Sunday, November 9, 2008

Gardening is not for the weak

I plan to write about the LSU game at some point, but I had to do a quick post tonight about our Sunday. Kenny and I have spent lots of time getting the interior of the house the way we want it but had essentially neglected the exterior. So, as one of the many pleasures of being a homeowner, we spent most of the day working in our front gardens, which desperately needed the attention. And while we didn't plant anything new, we did apparently get the hard part out of the way: cleaning out and weeding. We got rid of dead shrubs, pulled out countless weeds, trimmed back the rose bushes (trying not to get stuck with their monster thorns), and moved a few plants around. After 5 hours we had a big garbage can full of stuff, a few ant bites, aching backs, and, finally, a presentable garden. I now understand why my parents used to come inside from a hard day of gardening looking like they needed about a week of rest and relaxation. Okay, perhaps I am exaggerating a bit, but seriously....it is tiring work. It won't be something I'll particularly enjoy doing, but the result and the sense of accomplishment are worth it. And I can't wait to see how everything we plant in the spring will look!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...