Monday, April 8, 2019

School Days: Kindergarten Q+U Wedding {Rory}

The QU wedding tradition lives on in kindergarten at SCR. I loved this event when Riley was in Mrs. Allison's class, but this year was a bit more special: Rory got to be the groom!


The wedding took place on March 22, an absolutely beautiful day. The boys dressed up as quarterbacks, and the girls dressed up as queens. Kristin and I worked very hard to make sure the decorations, refreshments, and favors were all perfect. Everything turned out so great!






Allison rehearsed a bit with the wedding party and made sure everyone knew what they were supposed to do. Vivian and Rory were the bride and groom, and Ren and Olivia were their attendants. 




The ceremony was held outside in the breezeway, and practically the whole school came to witness the cuteness. Kenny took the morning off work, and Riley arrived with his class right as officiant Father Luis began. Rory and Vivian did a great job saying their vows and exchanging rings. Before I knew it, they were all done and recessing back to their classroom for the reception.








Pictures were up first, followed by dancing. The bride and groom were quite shy with each other during their first dance as Mr. and Mrs. QU; it was so adorable. And I even got a special dance with my boy to "The Middle," which he selected. So sweet!








After the dancing, everyone took a break for food. Kristin made all of the kids their own personalized flute, which we filled with sparkling apple grape juice. Mr. and Mrs. QU also cut their cake. 






Bouquet and football tosses were up next. Those were hilarious. I love that Allison teaches the kids all of the aspects of a wedding in addition to the main lesson that Q almost always goes with U. 




The last activity was the second line, which Rory and Vivian led around the classroom. Allison gave them each an umbrella to hold and the rest of the class had tissues to wave around. 




The kids each got to take home a favor bag containing a ring pop, five Hershey kisses, and their own balloon. The whole morning was a great success, and I was so proud of my Rory.


I cannot believe his kindergarten year is almost over!

2 comments:

QP said... Best Blogger Tips

This lesson always cracks me up, but it's a good teaching tool!
The pictures of you and Rory are so.darn.cute.

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

Friend!!!! This is the cutest thing I have ever seen! I love this, it is so funny and just stinkin precious!! I'm dying at Groom Rory <3
~Jackie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...