Thursday, January 18, 2018

The Boys and Their Bikes

The weather has not been super conducive to the boys learning how to ride their new bikes, but we have gotten outside a few times to test them out. This first group of pics was from Boxing Day, their very first time riding. Rory had some trouble pedaling and Riley of course had trouble balancing but at least they got on and tried!

IMG_4475

IMG_4473 IMG_4479IMG_4485 IMG_4477

IMG_4480

Their next practice session was when I was out of town. But the new helmets they picked out had arrived so they got to wear those for the first time. Two very cool dudes. Kenny also decided to take their pedals off in an attempt to get them to learn how to balance first. Baby steps forward!

DSC_3537

DSC_3542 DSC_3543

DSC_3545

Then we went out again last Saturday. Both boys started off with no pedals, but Kenny put Rory’s back on before we came inside. He did great! He’s grasping how hard he needs to use his legs to work the pedals and is getting faster and faster each time he goes out to ride. Riley, on the other hand, has not taken to the whole bike riding thing quite as much. Granted, it’s harder for him since he doesn’t have training wheels, but he’s gotta just suck it up and keep trying.

IMG_4971

Rory wanted to ride again the very next day, so Kenny hopped on his bike and rode alongside him. So darn cute.

IMG_4974 IMG_4976

I’m very much looking forward to the day when we can take a family bike ride together. Happy Thursday!

1 comments:

QP said... Best Blogger Tips

I did have training wheels on my first bike, but I well remember asking for them to come off so I could ride really fast like my older sisters. So Uncle Bob took them off, then shoved me off on my way. I stayed up, first try, (thank you, training wheels) and the feeling of freedom was exhilarating!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...