Friday, January 5, 2018

On Running, Again.

Here we go again! The 2018 Walt Disney World Half Marathon is tomorrow morning. This time, the weather looks much better, although it will be cold. Hoping and praying it stays that way!

training1

My friends Ashley and Laurie and I fly out around lunchtime today. This time, I sort of know what to expect. I’ll be the one showing them where to go and what to do, as neither of them have done a Disney race before. And what we don’t know we’ll figure out together.

training2

IMG_4699

We have a direct flight and plan to go straight to the Expo once the Magical Express gets us onto Disney property. We’ll pick up our race bibs, shirts, and gEAR bags and check out the expo itself. Then we’ll rest up for our big race.

training3

IMG_4700

I cannot tell you how happy and proud I am that I’m back in this position. There really wasn’t a question of me doing the 2018 race; I really want to cross the damn finish line. But I did dread training for it again.

training4

IMG_4701

However, it wasn’t too bad the second time around. After all, I knew what to expect. And I knew I could do it because I’ve done it before. So look out, WDW Half Marathon: I’m coming for you. Again. Let’s do this.

training5

Please pray for good weather, a good run, and a good time. Catch y’all next week!

3 comments:

AD#1 said... Best Blogger Tips

You go, Girl! So proud of you!

QP said... Best Blogger Tips

You got this!

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

Way to go friend!!!! Cheering for you from NC!! <3 ~Jackie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...