1. Riley posing with some of his new Christmas gifts and acting silly one recent evening. The wonk potatoes has lots of Legos to put together now!
Oh, and the boys had a second mini-Christmas when they opened their gifts from the ‘Woods a few days ago. Happy boys!
2. Annual holiday luncheon at Commander’s on December 26. This year Dana and AD#1 joined me, Nola, Kirk, and Mrs. Nancy for a fun afternoon. We had a great time and were even serenaded by the jazz trio: they sang “Blueberry Hill” to us!
3. Three crazy cousins at Nola and Nopsi’s house last Sunday night.
4. Rory trying out some of his new Christmas gifts. He loves drinking apple juice out of his new cup, loves looking at all of his new books, and loves playing with his gigantic Hot Wheels garage.
5. Kenny and I blew Riley’s mind on December 30 by letting him watch Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back. He was totally into it at first but then lost interest and ended up requesting to do something else. (What?!?) We finished it a few days later. Hopefully he’ll like Return of the Jedi better; that one’s my favorite.
6. Rory has not been eating his dinner all that well lately, so Riley stepped in and helped out one night. He only succeeded in making his brother laugh, but their interaction was super cute. Riley even offered to hold Rory’s hand while he ate. I got a bit of it on video, so look for that next week.
7. Sunday family fun day. We took a walk to the levee and played at the dinosaur playground. So much fun!
Later that night Kenny continued the boys’ new bedtime routine, reading to both of them in Riley’s bed. Rory gets all cozy in between his big brother and his daddy and is so happy. It’s so freaking cute, the three of them all snuggled together.
8. I just love this boy. His goofy smiles, those dimples, his crazy post-nap hair…..I love it all!
9. Shopping in Target with Rory in his cute striped shirt and matching red sneaks. He had to bring a car in, he yawned towards the end of our trip, he picked out a new milk cup (Star Wars, of course), and he flirted with the Starbucks barista. It was a typical morning at Target for us!
10. Four cousins together after school at Nola and Nopsi’s. Summer sure is gonna be fun with these kiddos!
Did I just mention summer?
Shame on me.
Have a wonderful weekend, everyone!