1. The little one is so cute when I have to wake him up from a nap. He’s SO out of it for a few minutes.
I especially like when he wakes up with crazy hair.
Although his is nothing compared to Kate’s!
2. Riley planking after Jazzercise with Alex. She got up right before I snapped this.
3. Riley and Kate being dragged around by Nola and Rory and Kate being silly with their lightsabers.
4. Riley visited the dentist again and did great. Giraffey and Darth Vader watched him get his teeth cleaned.
5. Individual snuggles and then group snuggles. Love my boys.
6. Playdate at our house with Claire, Colin, and Alcee. They had so much fun. Alcee left a little early, but the others stayed later. Riley and Claire didn’t want to leave each other and got sad when they had to.
7. Sophia’s 5th birthday party!
8. Baking with Nola. Rory loves watching the mixer spin and Riley did a great job decorating cookies for his party.
9. Rory and I visited UJ at school on Tuesday morning. Rory loved pushing a little tractor around that UJ brought back from Zambia, and I loved spotting a few blasts from the past. I made that ceramic Crusader in high school; it even survived Katrina! And I cannot believe UJ still has a picture of me in my 8th grade cheerleading uniform in his office.
10. Day two of kindergarten (last Friday) didn’t go quite as well as day one. Riley actually cried when I had to leave him, even though he knew he would only be there for an hour and a half. It might have had something to do with his seeing Claire and Alcee before they all went to their separate classrooms. He is desperate to have at least one of his girls with him!
He is also sad that he can’t bring Giraffey with him to school this year. I had to break it to him that he’s growing up and has a shorter naptime so no sleep friends are allowed. But you can bet that he still brings Giraffey in the car every morning for the ride to school. And we’ve been lucky to be in line close to Dana and Claire a couple of mornings this week; the two kids love hanging out of their windows to talk to each other!
My first job as room mother was to take first day of school pictures of all of the kids, so I got to see Riley at work with Mrs. Allison’s substitute Mrs. Stephanie for a bit on Monday morning. I’m hopeful his handwriting will make huge progress this year.
And I’m hopeful that Allison can whip his little booty into shape. I’m crossing my fingers that he’s a much better listener at school than he is at home. Time will tell!