Friday, September 19, 2014

Shopping Spree, Pearly Whites, and a New Hobby

After saying goodbye to Grams, life went on. Riley and I spent much of the next day together, which I loved.

After breakfast, we both got dressed and went to Toys ‘R Us to spend some of his birthday money. He was so excited and happy, riding in one of the big blue baskets down aisles brimming with new toys. He picked out quite a few things, but I ended up with money leftover when all was said and done. (Grams actually gave him a $50 bill, which I did not spend.)

IMG_7494

From the toy store we headed to the dentist. I am a bad mother who forgot to make him go for his first official cleaning when he turned three, but I didn’t let it slip this year. He did remarkably well, sitting still in the big chair and doing everything Ms. Pam asked him to do, although he did reach for my hand at one point. I was so proud of him. He left with shiny and clean teeth and a new Turtles toothbrush.

IMG_7498 IMG_7499IMG_7501 IMG_7503

Next, on somewhat of a whim, we decided to join Nola, AD#1, and Aunt Elena for a late lunch at Houston’s. By the time we got home, it was a bit late for Riley to nap, so I let him skip it. This overjoyed him since it meant he could play with all of his new presents. He and Kenny immediately set to work on putting a large tow truck together at the dining room table.

IMG_7507

IMG_7512

It was a good day. The four of us were together, Riley had a smile on his face, and LSU won their game against UL-Monroe handily.

But with Riley’s new hobby firmly and quickly establishing itself, I am now sorely in need of a good Lego storage system. I think I’ve already vacuumed up one of the incredibly small pieces, and I’m sure it won’t be the last.

Either that, or Rory’s been eating them.

Have a wonderful weekend, everyone!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...