Thursday, March 27, 2014

Swing on Over! {Rory’s First Birthday}

The day of Rory’s party dawned quite cloudy. It actually rained a lot overnight, so things were pretty sloppy outside. But the rain cleared a couple of hours before party time, and we had a wonderful day celebrating the little one.

IMG_0628

rorybday6

(Oh, but aren’t family pictures interesting these days thanks to the wonk potatoes.)

The party started at 11 in the morning, and the birthday boy was awake from his nap and dressed before the first guests arrived. The house quickly filled with people, the party in full swing before too long.

DSC_0979

rorybday4

DSC_1058

rorybday5

DSC_0925

The big kids had a blast in the bouncy house, as I expected they would. I appointed Aunt Lizzie the official party photographer, and I am so glad I did. She actually climbed into the bouncy with my camera to take these awesome pics. Thanks, LPb!

DSC_1033

rorybday7

DSC_1042

Even Rory and Kate got the check out the bouncy during the party, albeit from a distance. Those big kids just didn’t want to give up their claim to the fun. Next year, you two. Next year.

DSC_1080

DSC_1081 DSC_0987

Once everyone had left and the birthday boy had taken another nap, we opened his presents. Riley of course “helped” open everything that Rory got. I barely had enough time to write one thing down before he moved on to the next gift.

DSC_1201

rorybday8

IMG_0710

Rory mostly got clothes, because again, we already have ALL. THE. TRUCKS. But one of my absolute favorite things he received was a handmade onesie from QP.

IMG_5025

It’s the pi symbol in honor of him being born on National Pi Day! LOVE it.

And with that, Rory’s first birthday celebration came to a close. I know he won’t remember it at all, and I know he was a little overwhelmed at times, but I just hope he enjoyed being surrounded by people who love him.

DSC_0941

DSC_0935

Happy, happy birthday, Sweetness. I love you so much.

1 comments:

rileybeansproutfollower985 said... Best Blogger Tips

Great pictures C! LOVED them all and the party was fabulous!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...