Sunday, November 14, 2010

My Birthday Weekend

My parents offered to come over and watch Riley this weekend so Kenny could take me out to dinner for my birthday, and we accepted pretty quickly! They arrived late Friday afternoon and left this morning. My birthday was on Friday, and Ken and I enjoyed a great evening out while Nola and Nopsi stayed home with Riley. We went to a little wine market/restaurant that we had only been to once before. It was just as good as we remembered it!

IMG_0311 IMG_0315 IMG_0320

The next morning Mom helped me bake two new cookie recipes that I recently came across online. One was a bit hit (ranger cookies) and one was not (hot chocolate cookies). But I finally used my big Kitchen Aid stand mixer that we got as a wedding present. It only took me 3 years to do so! While we were finishing up our baking, Reyna and Matt stopped by with Natalya. They’re in town visiting family and wanted to meet Riley. It was great to see them!

IMG_0323 IMG_0326

After that, Mom insisted on getting me out of the house for a girls day. We went to lunch, shopped at Loft, and saw a movie (Morning Glory). We had a great few hours by ourselves and then came back home to be with the boys for the LSU game. Kenny made burgers and we watched the Tigers win very convincingly over ULM. Even though LSU won’t be playing in the SEC Championship game this year, it has been a pretty good season!

IMG_0294 IMG_0299 IMG_0332 IMG_0335

Thanks, Mom and Dad, for coming to stay with us and for babysitting on Friday night. We really appreciated it, and all three of us were so glad to have spent time with you two. See you again soon!

1 comments:

Jackie said... Best Blogger Tips

You look so so good! Man, who had a baby just a few months ago?!?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...