Tuesday, October 27, 2009

A Restful Sunday? Nope!

There was a time when I would sleep until noon every Sunday, but that was back in my high school and college years. These days I still like to sleep in on the weekends, but I just can't stay in bed the whole morning anymore. Not when there are interminable things to do around the house!

This Sunday was no exception; I was actually up around 8 and jumped right into tasks that had been put off until the weekend, like 4 loads of laundry, changing sheets on two beds, going through mail, cleaning the coffee maker, planning meals for the week, etc. I also had lots of pictures to upload to my Kodak Gallery account so I could take advantage of an almost-but-not-quite-expired credit and order some prints. Of course I had to update this blog on our tailgating day in Baton Rouge, and I was able to get a bit of a jump start on a project for Christmas gifts (I know, I even impressed myself with this).

Whew.

Somewhere in all of that I did manage to watch most of the Saints game, alternating between cursing at the television and cheering the boys on to their eventual victory against Miami. I hope we don't ever experience another half of football this season like the first one against the Dolphins. It made me way too nervous and uncomfortable.

Kenny wasn't as quite as all-over-the-place like I was, but he did have his Sunday all planned out. He got a good amount of ski trip planning done (we're scheduled to go to Breckenridge in February!), but the main focus of his day was finally having the time to bottle his beer. So now we have our guest bathtub back to an useable state (for the time being) and homebrew ready to drink in one more week. He is already trying to decide on ingredients for his next batch.......see pics below for the bottling process and finished products!

IMG_9903 beer2IMG_9931

1 comments:

Paula said... Best Blogger Tips

Where in the world do you find cool brown beer bottles and how does he cap them??

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...