Monday, September 21, 2009

Happy Fall!

Tomorrow is the first day of fall, which means I can legitimately decorate my house with pumpkins come this weekend when (I think) I'll have time. In the meantime, I am thoroughly enjoying the beginning of fall tv premiere week. Tonight was House, Dancing with the Stars, and Castle. House will definitely be interesting this season, with the show's namesake possibly discovering a bit more of his softer side. Then again, it's still Gregory House, so we'll see.

I have to admit that I was really pumped about tonight's DWTS premiere. I can't believe I only started watching the show last season; I missed so much in the first seven! I think I enjoy it so much because I'm actually slightly jealous......that I'll never be able to dance the way the professionals naturally do, and that I'm unfortunately not famous enough (or, rather, at all) to be one of the stars. It's just an entertaining couple of hours for me every week. The cast is a very eccentric mix this year, but I am actually most excited to see Iron Chef America host Mark Dacascos. Kenny and I love that show, and it will be good to see a different, non-cheesy-and-over-the-top side of the Chairman. I'll also be curious to see how Michael Irvin, Natalie Coughlin, Melissa Joan Hart, Kathy Ireland, and Donny Osmond do. And even though I've never heard of him, snowboarder Louie Vito also seems like he'll be fun to watch. As for former House Majority Leader Tom DeLay, we'll see how long he lasts. One thing's for sure, he certainly looked like he was having fun out there tonight!

Castle comes on right after DWTS, which is a lot of the reason I watched it last year. I got hooked on it fast. The characters (as well as their relationships with each other) are interesting, the storylines are creative, and there's actually quite a bit of comedy written into this drama series. I'm glad it made the cut, and I hope season two keeps things fresh!

Old favorites like Grey's Anatomy, Private Practice, and Brothers and Sisters are back within the next two weeks, and a handful of new shows that have peaked my interest (Trauma, Mercy, The Good Wife, Eastwick, and Flash Forward) are starting soon as well. Glee, which we got a sneak preview of after the finale of American Idol in the spring, is also one I think I'll give a chance.

I watch entirely too much television.

Happy Fall!

1 comments:

QP said... Best Blogger Tips

So, how many decorative pumpkins, gourds, fall leaves, wreaths and dried flowers do you have in that great house? In our tiny apartment, UJ brought me a tiny little punkin on Friday. It's fall!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...