Friday, July 3, 2009

Yay for Holidays!

It's always nice to have a weekday off from work, right? While I did enjoy getting to sleep in until 9:30, the rest of the day we were actually pretty busy doing things around the house. Kenny and I decided not to go anywhere for the 4th, instead of opting to stay home and work in our gardens. The petunias and snapdragons finally bit the dust, so we needed to find something to replace them. After much discussion and debate, Ken went out today and got two flats of caladiums, a bunch of grass edging, and lots of fresh mulch. We also wanted to put begonias in, but since our house gets full sun most of the day, they probably wouldn't have done well. So tomorrow we'll work with what we've got, and go back out to get some color if we think we need it. While Ken ran around the city visiting garden centers trying to find what we wanted, I stayed home and cleaned. Such a fun activity to do on my day off! But the house really needed it, and I did get lots done. During the dusting portion of the afternoon (proud of me, Mom?), I discovered this little guy trapped in one of the candle holders in my guest room:



I'm not quite sure what he was, but he looked a little like a leopard gecko. Don't really think that's what he was since those are naturally found in the Middle East, but he did have a neat looking pattern on him. I released him into the lantana I have potted on my front porch and hope he survives the heat!


So tomorrow we begin again outside. I hope the things Kenny bought today look good and work well in our garden! Keep your fingers crossed it all lasts until winter. :)


Garden before....stay tuned for after pics!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...