Monday, March 2, 2009

Back to work....

After more than a year of not working, I finally started a new job today. I had actually been looking for months, but there just weren't any openings relevant to me in the area where I live. And then this opportunity fell into my lap! I am working at the National Wetlands Research Center in Education and Outreach. When the public (school groups, mostly) want to come see what goes on at the Center, I'm the one who takes care of them. I give a presentation in our conference room describing what the Center is and why it's important to Louisiana's wetlands, and then we walk around and poke our heads into various offices, labs, and greenhouses so the visitors can see science in action. I'll also be responsible for drafting various updates, press releases, and reports, and I'll also be representing the Center at a couple of conferences and meetings. The job is temporary (it's a 4 month appointment), but there is a possibility of staying on permanently. I'm liking it so far....we'll see what happens!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...