Friday, February 20, 2009

Pre-Carnival Fun in NOLA

While Kenny was in Trinidad last week for work, I was in NOLA. Of course I did nothing but eat! My North Carolina family (Jennifer, Michael, Elisabeth, and Margaret) were in town as well, and I was able to get together with them and QP and UJ for a couple of lunches. We went to Vietnamese restaurant Kim Son on the Westbank on Tuesday and then tried out po-boys at Parkway Bakery on Wednesday. I was also able to convince my mom to fly in from Houston a couple of days early so we could spend some quality time together before things got too crazy over the Carnival weekend. She came to lunch on Wednesday, after which we stole Elisabeth and Margaret away from their parents and went to see Confessions of a Shopaholic (very cute). Wednesday night Mom and I met my brother at Houston's for an early dinner, and the next day she and I grabbed a bite at Zea for lunch before seeing He's Just Not That into You (also cute). Kenny flew back into town on Thursday evening, and we went straight out to meet friends at the Mid-City Bulldog (now finally open again after their November fire!) for dinner and drinks. Whew......I think I've gained 10 pounds!

Lunch at Parkway

Me with my girls, Margaret and Elisabeth

Mom and I outside of Houston's, sporting our new matching scarves!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...