Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Family festivities

While Kenny was in a meeting all day yesterday in preparation for the International Workboat Show at the New Orleans Convention Center, I joined my Aunt Paula (a.k.a. QP) and Mom for lunch. We were celebrating Paula's birthday at one of our favorite restaurants in the Quarter: Mr. B's. Her work friend James was also able to meet us, and the four of us had a great lunch. Happy Birthday, QP.....hope you had a good one!

The birthday girl

Birthday balloons!

Mom and me

And, since Mom was already downtown, she decided to stay and take my brother and me to dinner at La Cote Brasserie. This worked out well for me since the restaurant is located in the hotel where Kenny and I are staying for the rest of the week. The charbroiled oysters and steamed mussels were fantastic! I was stuffed after all of that, but Kenny and a few of his coworkers were right down the street at Emeril's for a late dinner after their meeting, so I walked over and joined them. Ken picked out a great wine called Belle Glos pinot noir, and I was made to try a bit of both the calamari appetizer and the veal entree. And who can pass up a free creme brulee dessert, especially at Emeril's? Not I!

Me, Mom, and Jeff @ LCB

Mom and I found out later that my Uncle Johnny (a.k.a. UJ) surprised Paula by flying one of her best friends into town on her birthday night. Jenn is very special to our family, so it is such a treat to have her here for a couple of days! Today the five of us went to lunch at a place called The Country Club in the Bywater area. It was nothing special, but at least the company was good! After lunch we headed down to Magazine Street and walked around for a few hours, including getting dessert at Sucre. Their coconut fudge gelato is SO good. We stopped at 5 Happiness on our way back to the Quarter to pick up dinner and enjoyed a leisurely evening at the Chartres Street Guesthouse. Both the Hornets and the Tarheels won big tonight, and QP declared herself the night's Rummikub champion. All in all, a fantastic night!

Mom, QP, and Jenn @ Sucre

1 comments:

Jackie said... Best Blogger Tips

I miss you. I miss your family. I miss the fun family stuff you do. Love to everyone!!! xoxoxo =)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...