Saturday, December 27, 2008

Christmas Day

After being up late the night before, we all managed to drag ourselves out of bed by 7:30am to head downstairs for coffee and presents. The immediate family gifts were opened first, and the rest of the crew showed up around 10am for breakfast and more gifts. As always it was great chaotic fun.




After finishing up at my parent's house Kenny and I picked up his grandfather in Metairie and headed across the Causeway to Mandeville and his parents' house. Despite the thick fog and a one-lane, 35 mph restriction, we made it across the bridge in just under an hour and a half. Wow. Since we were late, we ate dinner soon after we arrived, and everything was so good. By that time I was ready to crawl into bed with my nephew for a nap, but there were loads of presents to open, so we opted for that instead. It was fun watching Zac discover all of his fun Christmas toys....he wanted to open and play with everything he got! After a couple of hours by the tree and a dessert of yummy bread pudding, it was time to pack up and head back across the lake.





When we got back to my parents' house everyone was still there and waiting for Kenny and I to break out Apples to Apples again. Another long night of games ensued. What a great way to end Christmas Day 2008!

1 comments:

Jackie said... Best Blogger Tips

Aww friend I love your pictures! And the picture UJ & QP are holding is awesome! Glad you had such a nice time, I miss you (all!!)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...