Thursday, May 9, 2019

2019 Crescent City Classic and Easter

This marked year three for me getting up early the day before Easter to head out to the start of the Crescent City Classic. Jeff and I went together again and arrived at Champions Square just after 7am. The weather was freaking perfect: cool and clear and sunny. Awesome conditions for a race!




Earlier in the week I was regretting signing up for this race again, mostly because I hadn't really been training for it and was worried about how it would go. It's amazing how you can do three half marathons but then get out of the routine of running three times a week and struggle to do 6 miles. But I'm glad I did it. I ran 4:1 intervals and ended up doing way better than I thought I would. I finished with a time of 1:15:47 (12:12 pace), only 1 minute slower than last year!









I found Jeff inside the post-race fest, and we thoroughly enjoyed red beans, chee-weez, and beer. Oh, and he got Top 500 again!






Later that afternoon, the boys and I dyed Easter eggs outside. They used the tie dye method again for a few of them, which yielded very cool eggs. I loved how they all came out!






The Easter Bunny brought the boys goodies the next morning (Riley finally got his Lego Oni pack and Rory got his stuffed Dragon Ice monster truck!), and then we all went to church with Grandma. Instead of doing regular communion, everyone got glass champagne flutes filled with sparkling grape juice for a toast. And we got to take the glasses home with us. Strange.....but okay!






We did a one-sack crawfish boil back at our house that afternoon with Kenny's family and then I sneaked over to Nola and Nopsi's to visit with them for a bit.




Such a fun weekend!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...