Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Christmas Eve 2011

Per usual, my family had dinner at GW Fin’s on Christmas Eve night. It was a smaller group this year since none of my out-of-town family were with us. We still had a good time, although I love when we’re a big group taking up multiple tables. That will be next year!

DSC_0022

DSC_0028 DSC_1341

Nola made the reservation for 5pm, right when they opened, so Riley’s schedule wouldn’t be too thrown off. He was a totally different kid in that restaurant this year as compared to last. I don’t think Kenny or I stopped to breathe once, but QP and Nopsi did take the boy off for “distract walks” a few times, which helped lots.

DSC_1327

DSC_1323 DSC_1325

DSC_1324

Another long table was set up next to ours, and the people sitting there just happened to have a little girl in their party. The two highchairs were back-to-back and the kiddos kept turning around to check each other out. I tried to tell Riley she was an older woman, but he apparently didn’t care and kept throwing his spoons at her. Good times.

DSC_0024

We also discovered early on that Riley-bean loves the GW Fin’s biscuits just as much as his mama does…..

Whatcha got there, Daddy?

DSC_1330

I’d love some of it, please. Thanks!

DSC_1331

Hold on while I get all of the crumbs off of my face and into my mouth. That stuff sure is yummy!

DSC_1337

Time out while I make a "phone call.”

DSC_1339

Thanks for carrying me over to this end of the table, QP. Surely there are more biscuits down here….look, I think I see one!

DSC_1342

Mmmmm, delicious bite, Nopsi. Much appreciated.

DSC_1343

Riley did much better the previous day at lunch (which I attributed to the difference in time), but he ultimately was very well-behaved during dinner. He made his way around the table and spent some time with just about everyone; however, he got really squirmy and fussy once it was past his normal bedtime. So I let him have his paci and he did really well the rest of the night.

DSC_1353 DSC_0009 DSC_0001

DSC_0016 DSC_0034 DSC_0036 DSC_0030

DSC_0002

Once we were back home, we gave the boy a super fast bath and then it was into bed for him so Santa could come. The elves sure were busy downstairs once he was asleep, preparing things for Christmas morning. Oh, and watching A Christmas Story, of course.

DSC_0037

DSC_0041 DSC_0044

We finished up fairly quickly and then settled down ourselves in preparation for the big day. I remember getting SO excited for Christmas morning as a kid, and I’m so glad to have a reason to be excited again. Seeing Riley’s reaction the next morning, even though he really doesn’t know what the day is all about yet, was just so much fun.

DSC_0052

Christmas Day recap coming up tomorrow!

2 comments:

QP said... Best Blogger Tips

Wow! What a great display of toys under and next to that tree! I can't wait for the pix of Rileybean's face on Christmas morning!

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

Sure does bring back a lot of memories ( putting together everything after the children were in bed. AH! Hugs, Grams ( Just think next year we all will have another GGreat child to love. )

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...