Monday, January 18, 2010

Big News

Kenny and I found out a few weeks ago some pretty big news that will most definitely change our lives in a good way. We are expecting our first little one at the end of August! We found out just before Christmas and shared the good news with our families on Christmas Day. Needless to say, everyone was very excited. Kenny's parents already have grandkids, three times over, but this will be my parents' first introduction to a new generation. They are already trying to come up with fun and different names for themselves.

I am about 9 weeks along and am feeling okay. The very first symptom to appear (it showed up quite early and has lingered) were incredibly sore ta-ta's. Oh my. I have also been experiencing nausea since about 6 weeks. No quick trips to the bathroom yet, but I just feel yucky. And tired! Man am I tired. ALL the time. I am very glad I'm not working right now since I'm not sure how I'd get through it. Growing a kid seems to take a lot out of a girl.

These early symptoms have started to dissipate a bit, and I'm hoping it all goes away once I hit the second trimester in a few weeks. I have not had any weird cravings yet, but I will say that food just doesn't appeal to me like it usually does. I have trouble deciding what to put into my stomach, but I know keeping SOMETHING in there is important to combat the nausea.

Kenny has been wonderful with taking care of me. I had some minor issues earlier on, and my doctor told me to "take it easy." This consists of being a couch potato and keeping my feet up as much as I can, which is not too hard because of the way I've been feeling. So Ken has had to do all of the cooking lately. He's been so great, but I really hope I start to feel better soon so I can do more around the house! A load of laundry every few days has been all I can manage.

So that's our big news. We are very excited and just a little bit scared at this new addition to our family. August seems like so far away, but I know it will be here before we know it!

If anyone has any advice for us while we are on this journey, please share!

4 comments:

Jackie said... Best Blogger Tips

Yippee!!!! So excited for you guys!!

Ashley said... Best Blogger Tips

PEANUT BUTTER!!!!! It's great for nausea.

M'ville said... Best Blogger Tips

Grandma here saying #4 is just as exciting as #1, 2, & 3. I'm not sure why I was so.o.o... SURPRISED when ya'll made the announcement but I was - and ECSTATIC!

Jackie said... Best Blogger Tips

A girl I know is having some nausea problems right now and she said people suggested sour candy, like sour patch kids, and that's worked well for her. Not sure but she swears by it right now. Hope it helps!! Love you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...