Monday, May 18, 2009

A Weekend at Home

For the first time in a long time, Kenny and I had absolutely no set plans this past weekend. It was glorious! We usually have so much going on that our weekends don't really feel like breaks. Not so the past two days. We worked in the front gardens, washed our cars, put a new gate up, and relaxed. We also went to see two movies, Star Trek and Angels and Demons. Both were very good; the two of us liked them lots. I had actually read Angels and Demons before reading The Da Vinci Code (both by Dan Brown), but they made The DVC movie first. I liked the A&D book better, but I think they did an excellent job making both movies. (Follow all of that?) Tom Hanks played the character of Robert Langdon better in A&D, in my opinion. He was a bit more personable and quite funny in moments!

It was a great weekend, and just what we needed before things get crazy hectic again! New Orleans this coming weekend, Arkansas the first weekend in June, possibly Alabama the next weekend, and then maybe back to NOLA after that. It never ends, but it sure is a fun ride.

1 comments:

Jackie said... Best Blogger Tips

I saw Star Trek this weekend too! I liked it, haven't seen A&D yet though. I'm glad you had a relaxing weekend, we need to catch up maybe sometime this week?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...