Sunday, May 31, 2009

GTO @ The Filling Station

Kenny and I went to hear his co-worker's band, GTO and the D Street Brass Band, play at the Filling Station downtown on Friday night. We met there right after work (with me working 2 extra hours....on a Friday, no less! Such is my life these days.) and got some dinner and drinks while we waited for the guys to start playing. My officemate Gabrielle and her husband Tommy came out to join us, as did Kenny's co-worker Henry and his wife Sandy. It was a great night to sit outside in downtown Lafayette, and, as always, GTO sounded great! We only wish they were able to play for longer!

The only bummer about the night was that I somehow managed to lose my very nice Costa del Mar sunglasses. They were perched on top of my head for most of the night, and at some point I realized they weren't there anymore. I figured I must have left them in the bathroom, but no luck when I went to check, and no one turned them into lost and found, either. I guess someone in Lafayette "acquired" a great pair of sunglasses on Friday night. Rats! Such a silly thing to do, and I'm still mad at myself two days later. But, Kenny's already got a call into his friend that can get us a great deal on Costas, so I'll hopefully have a new pair soon. :)

Sittin' outside at the Filling Station

See? Sunglasses, check.

My friend Ken Courville, lead singer of GTO

Tommy and Gabrielle

Kenny and me, sans sunglasses...where are they???

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...