Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Updates

So I am finally feeling better after almost a week of coughing and dealing with a sore throat. Not fun. A lot has happened since I last posted, though. The Florida Gators are National Champions (at least we kept it within the SEC...), our Christmas lights finally came down this past Saturday (thanks Ken!), the hubbie and I went to see Valkyrie, the Hornets desperately need to win this Wednesday night after their heartbreaking loss at home yesterday (to the previously 13-22 NY Knicks!?!), I finished Duma Key and am on to my next selection, and, perhaps most importantly, a new season of 24 has begun. Whew.

Valkyrie was a good movie, although I expected a bit more action out of it. It was a little slow-paced at first, but the "based on a true" story seemed accurate, and Tom Cruise, among many other fine actors included in the film, gave a great performance. I may have to venture to the theater again sometime soon, this time by myself, to see Bride Wars. A complete change of pace from Hitler's Germany, but I love Kate Hudson and Anne Hathaway, and I think it will be a cute couple of hours.

Duma Key was quite a good read. It took me a little while to get into it, but once I did I finished it rather quickly. Stephen King seems to have a way of pulling you into his stories and not letting you go. I loved many of the characters he created for this book (Jerome Wireman, especially), and while the story took a strange turn towards the end, I still enjoyed all 769 of its pages. I am now just beginning Steve Berry's The Venetian Betrayal, another one from my dad. I have enjoyed Berry's previous work and have no doubt this one will elicit the same reaction.

Last, but not least, Jack is BACK. I so enjoyed getting into the series 24, so I am thrilled all-new episodes have begun to air. This season started off superbly, and I am sure it will continue to surprise us as it progresses. I have to agree with my friend Michelle, though: they've completely spoiled the viewers by having a two-night, four-hour season premiere! We're now expected to wait a whole WEEK for the continuing saga of Jack, Tony, and Chloe instead of a DAY? And we can only see ONE hour at a time instead of TWO? What is UP with that? :)

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...